It doesn’t take long to see the morning chaos of trying to get out of the door on time.
Add in making sure all of my cubs are fed and dressed
by the time we leave for their co op and I am stressed.
THE STRUGGLE IS REAL
Here are some tips I use for making sure the boys have a strong start to their days.
5 tips to sending your kids to school with a strong start :
1. start the night before
– one of the BIGGEST things that has helped me with my morning stress is starting the night before. That means plan their outfits, get their lunches ready and in the fridge and packing their book bags. When I have not done this, my mornings are a complete free for all and we are ALWAYS LATE.
2. get sufficient sleep
– I know that clubs and sports tend to make our evenings run later than we would like, but I always try to make sure all of the boys get a minimum of 9 hours of sleep. (To be honest Mama bear needs her sleep too. )This is VITAL in keeping your mornings happy and you and yours healthy and strong .
3. wake up earlier
– when it comes to kids and the morning, I like to play offensively and not defense – meaning when I wake up at least one hour before the kids, I can get my coffee and prayer time in while the house is quiet and calm with no distractions. When I sleep later, I find that I am playing defense, trying to catch up the entire morning.
4. keep breakfast simple and smart
– no pancakes, no bacon, think quick and simple. Kids tend to like simple meals anyways and us parents complicate it and end up making more work for ourselves. Made with whole grains and no high fructose corn syrup, the Pepperidge Farm Swirl Oatmeal Bread has it covered. I simply put a few pieces into the toaster and top it with some butter or sometimes peanut butter to add a little more protein to their day. Pepperidge Farm Swirl bread is a great source of fiber and free of artificial colors, flavors and sweeteners. The kids love it and it’s Mama bear – approved in our house.
You know I have your back! Here is an exclusive coupon code !
$1 off your next purchase of Pepperidge Farm Swirl Oatmeal Bread!
5. diffuse essential oils
– Lastly one of my morning routine tricks is essential oils. You don’t have to be an oil expert, but I have found that when I have a light citrus scent in the kitchen or peppermint oil the boys wake up happier and more focused on their tasks.
Easy Recipe for a fun and quick breakfast :
loaf of Pepperidge Farm Swirl Oatmeal Bread
organic peanut butter
Toast one piece of the Pepperidge Farm Swirl Oatmeal Bread, add peanut butter, slice the banana into three slices and make nose and ears on the bread. Add blueberries for eyes and extra nose 🙂
fun and easy way to feed the cubs !
Happy Monday friends !