Back to school means many things for me.
Some good things , some bad things.
I love the calm of summer.
There’s no lesson plans to follow.
No projects due.
But I can also appreciate the routine of the school year.
One of the parts I dread is the
Back to school GERMS !!!!
Here are my top five essential oils for the cubs and back to school:
1. Peppermint Oil – this oil can be used for a myriad of things, but I personally love to diffuse this oil as the boys and I do our work because it helps with mental focus and also gives clarity and energy. P.S. rub it on your temples and back of neck for migraines 🙂
2. Oregano oil – the disinfecting and antibacterial properties of oregano essential oil were first recognized in ancient Greece where they were often used for treating bacterial infections on the skin or in wounds. I should note that this is a hot oil and will burn the skin if applied directly. I always dilute it heavily with FCO ( fractionated coconut oil ) I actually was able to rid both John and Mark of their warts by applying this topically. When there is a virus in the house my go to is oregano oil on the bottoms of their feet and I diffuse it in every room.
3. Lemon oil – this oil not only can be ingested to boost metabolism, disinfect your home, clear your skin, but also is used to help with mental focus and is one of my other favorites to diffuse in our school room as we do new lessons. But don’t just take my word for it :
International Journal of Food Microbiology last year, lemon oil may actually be the most powerful anti-microbial agent of all the essential oils.
4. Lavender Oil – again so many uses for Lavender everything from skinned knees to anxiety over a lesson, we always have Lavender oil on hand. Because of the calming properties of this oil, it is great to use at the end of a school day and also I use it directly on skin irritations such as bug bites or scratches.
5. Cedarwood oil – who could of guessed that a tree could do so much ? Surprisingly, Cedarwood essential oil has antifungal, antiseptic, diuretic, astringent and sedative properties. I put Cedarwood oil in my skin care regime, in diffusers, and on the bottom of the boys feet on tough days. It is so grounding for us as a family and we have one bottle in almost every room of our house!
So there you have it!
I hope you are having an amazing weekend
and that I was able to inspire my oiler readers with my top five essential oils for back to school.