I talk a lot about oils and nutrition but I think its time I tell you about my secret weapon.
Probiotics are supplements or enhanced foods that contain living microorganisms, such as yogurt with lactobacillus, that change the bacterial balance in the human body. The idea is to boost the kind of helpful bacteria in the body that can destroy harmful bacteria and reduce infection
According to Green Medical Info :
Probiotic Benefits for Children
- There is evidence to suggest probiotics are safe and effective in treating persistent diarrhea in children.
- Saccharomyces boulardii has therapeutic properties in the treatment of acute diarrhea in children.
- Lactic acid bacteria as probiotics reduce the risk for infantile eczema.
- Probiotic and prebiotic supplementation improves the symptoms of children with atopic dermatitis.
- Probiotics and prebiotics significantly prevent eczema and atopic eczema in infants.
- Supplementation of mothers and their babies with the probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri reduces IgE-associated eczema and may reduce respiratory allergic disease later in life.
- A probiotic mixture has positive effects on symptoms of constipation in children.
- Bifidobacterium infantis and Lactobacillus acidophilus reduces the incidence and severity of necrotizing enterocolitis in very low birth weight infants.
- Lactobacillus reuteri and Bifidobacterium lactis supplementation of children fed formula reduces adverse events, e.g. antibiotic use, diarrhea, etc.
- Long term use of probiotics and synbiotics reduce the incidence and severity of respiratory diseases during the cold season.
- Probiotic bacteria reduce the duration and severity of common cold episodes.
- Probiotic therapy has therapeutic value in treating Klebsiella infection in children.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Lactobacillus reuteri reduce the duration of diarrhea in children with mild gastroenteritis.
- “Prophylactic probiotics for preterm infants reduces mortality.”
- Saccharomyces boulardii is an effective adjuvant in treating acute childhood diarrhea.
- Lactobacillus reuteri significantly shortens the duration of watery diarrhea associated with rotavirus gastroenteritis in children between 6 and 36 months.
- Probiotics demonstrate immunomodulatory effects in atopic pediatric patients by increasing the TH1 immune response which counterbalances the dominant TH2 immune response.
- Saccharomyces boulardii inhibits Escherichia coli infection in children.
- Probiotic strains from breast milk are superior to antibiotics in the treatment of infectious mastitis.
- Human breast milk contains Lactobacillius strains which are effective in the treatment of mastitis during lactation.
- Probiotics prophylaxis was as effective as antibiotic prophylaxis in children with persistent primary vesicoureteral reflux.
- Lactobacillus reuteri accelerates gastric emptying and improves regurgitation in infants.
- The consumption of fermented milk with Lactobacillus casei in lactating mothers has a positive effect on the mother and offspring’s immunological status.
- Acne may respond favorably to probiotics due to their involvement in normalizing the gut-brain-skin axis.
- Probiotics prevent IgE-associated allergy until age 5 years in cesarean-delivered children.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG and Bifidobacterium lactis are safe and effective in reducing early otitis media and antibiotic use and the risk of respiratory infections during the first year of life.
- Postnatal probiotic and prebiotic treatment is safe and increases resistance to respiratory infections during the first 2 years of life.
And as if all that good stuff Probiotics prevent wasn’t enough guess what else ?
Probiotics also can help in our children’s behavior.
I know, now you really think I am nuts 🙂
But its true!
The quality, quantity, and composition of the bacteria in your gut have enormous influence on your brain. Dr. David Perlmutter explores this phenomenon in great detail in his new book, Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain-for Life.
Dr. Perlmutter is a board-certified neurologist and a fellow of the American College of Nutrition (ACN). He also has a clinic in Naples, Florida, and he’s been very active in publishing his findings in peer-reviewed medical journals.
His previous book, Grain Brain, topped the New York Times bestseller list for 54 weeks. In my view, Dr. Perlmutter is probably the leading natural medicine neurologist in the US.
Certainly, most neurologists fail to consider how lifestyle impacts the neurological disorders they diagnose and treat every day, and prevention is an area of utmost importance as we still do not have effective treatments for many of the most common brain disorders.
“We’re now recognizing from research at our most well-respected institutions from around the globe that the gut bacteria are wielding this very powerful sword of Damocles,” he says.
They determine whether we’re going to have a healthy brain or not, whether our brain is going to function well or not, and whether our brain is going to become diseased or not. Who knew that we’d be referring back to the gut?”
So now here is the big question what Probiotics do I use with the cubs ?
No different than any other thing I give my children, you HAVE to do the research !
And all Probiotics are not the same!
Thats why we use
Using patented technology,
they have developed one of the world’s most effective probiotic supplements at an affordable price and we help people feel their best on a daily basis by delivering to them the full benefits probiotics have to offer.
The Hyperbiotics difference is that they have broken the barrier of being able to offer a powerful probiotic that can survive past our stomach acids, but also have a shelf life.
If you are familiar with probiotics you know that most need to be refrigerated,
They offer a number of different probiotics so finding the perfect fit for each child or family won’t be hard for you.
I personally like to give the boys their